Thursday, March 01, 2007

lifedrawing

I'm chuffed about lifedrawing these days. It helps that I don't have a job and have lots of time for it. I sometimes find that lifedrawing is particularly hard when I'm not well-rested and rest is something I've currently got plenty of. I posted these drawings not because I think they're fantastic but because I felt that this session I learned a few things, albeit really little nuanced things. I'll tell you what I don't like about my lifedrawing - I mismanage my time and never ever finish a drawing before the end of the pose, consequently I neglect hands and feet which are both really tricky to draw and something I need to work on. Also, the lines are not as forceful as I'd like them to be and they appear too timid and soft. Except this one drawing of the woman sort of hanging over the ledge with her head and arms dangling downward - I kind of liked where that one was going. Finally, I don't like how I always start with the ass and then work the drawing outwards from there. Bad habits! Is anyone reading this, oh well it's therapeutic.


9 comments:

murrayb said...

something drew me here, I sensed an update! nice stuff, oily muscle evans. the foreshortenin' is quite nice.

ken said...

great lifedrawing steve

Stephen Evans said...

thanks murray and ken, geez ken you have such a nice smile

Rebecca said...

I'm really into that elbow in the middle drawing.

Your talented

-Rebs

Jenanne said...

Geeeez Louise! You have the most gentle drawing touch I've ever seen, Steven. These are wonderful! I especially like the unfinnished quality. Sometimes there's something about what isn't drawn...Jenanne

ken said...

haahaha steve thATS FUNNY. I GUESS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU SEEN ME SMILE. YOU NOT HAVING LUCK GETTING WORK IN MONTREAL?

Erica Beyea said...

I always start with the ass and work out from there too... but i think that's what you ought to do! start with the biggest shape and work to the smallest, right? oh, and i really, really like these...for a variety of reasons but i won't go on any longer. xx.

Your Familiar said...

So are these drawings of naked ladies from your mind, or do you actually get to look at them in real life?

Either way, they are very pretty.

Your pal,
Samir

SARSON said...

nice lifedrawings evans. i like your clean line.